Botany Bay – 2019 Blue Flag
Botany Bay has a nice open feel to it with easy access to the beach, however there is very limited parking we suggest parking at Palm Bay and walking to the beach, Palm Bay has around 200 spaces, Botany Bay is in a dead end road in a residential area it only has 10 parking spaces, so you will get blocked in if you park there, do not say we didn’t warn you 🙂
We suggest parking at Palm Bay : google maps to parking
Botany Bay is a 10 minute walk along the clifftop from Palm Bay, though Palm Bay has beautiful beaches too!
The bay at Botany Bay has high chalk cliffs that can make for some amazing sights and great photos and Botany Bay is also popular for surfing and canoeing it also has a lot of well inhabited rocks to explore with the family.
Be aware: At high tide some there are some outlying areas that can be cut off by the sea at high tide, check out our tide timetable.
Botany Bay also has a large grass area at the top of the cliffs, however be aware there are no fences and the drop is around 30 feet to the beach so be careful when walking on the cliff tops.
- Pub and Restaurant near to beach
- Public Toilets
- Ice-cream stall on beach
- large grass area (no fence on cliff)
- Popular for surfing and canoeing
- Some rock areas for children to explore (low tide)
- Beach is near to road with a 50 foot ramp down to the beach.
- Small 10 car carpark
- Click For Directions – 50 Minute walk from Broadstairs Station Google Maps Link
Botany Bay, Kingsgate
- Botany Bay Lifeguards from May to September
- Golden Sandy Beach
- Bay inspectors clean through day
- 2012 Blue Flag award.
- 2013 Blue Flag award.
2014 Blue Flag award
- 2015 Blue Flag award
- 2016 Blue Flag award
- 2017 Blue Flag award
- 2018 Blue Flag award
- 2019Blue Flag award
- limited parking (10 spaces) at top of ramp, some street space.
Botany Bay postcode
- We suggest parking at Palm Bay and walking Parking
- Dogs are now banned between 10am and 6pm from 1st May to the 30th September
Flouting this rule carries an £80 Fine.